Mission and Values
Montlure is owned by the two Presbyteries of Arizona. The Grand Canyon Presbytery
and the De Cristo Presbytery
Montlure is a special place for children, youth and adults in the ministries of the church. It provides the opportunity for a Christian experience in a setting that places it apart from the everyday world. It brings campers in touch with the beauty of creation where God's role in their lives is made real and enriches their relationships with others.
The primary emphasis of this ministry is to offer a Christian experience through a carefully developed curriculum and competent directors and counselors who staff the camp each week. Summer camping sessions are held for groups from grade 4 through High School seniors. Over 550 young people benefit from the Montlure camping experience each summer.
Montlure Presbyterian Church Camp is a ministry for all to find and grow their faith in Jesus Christ.
The key elements of our ministry are:
- A Christ-centered camping program of the highest quality
- An environment where camp counselors and directors are nurtured as future leaders of the Church
- A forum for establishing and developing strong connections between churches of the Presbyteries of Grand Canyon and de Cristo
- A ministry that complements the Christian Education programs of our constituent churches
- A theology rooted in the essential tenets of the Reformed Faith as expressed in the creeds and confessions of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Creative stewardship of our site and facilities making continual improvements while respectful of what has been passed on to us by previous generations
- Sound fiscal and organizational management, including an off-season rental program for families, churches and other compatible groups